Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Zac is ready for May!!!

I asked Zac if he is ready for tomorrow and he said, "I am ready for May. I am so sick of school." Now, as you know, tomorrow is the FIRST day of school. Yesterday, I took Autumn for her 9th grade, freshman orientation. I can't believe that I have a senior and a freshman. The in-laws said that Gray will be the one to keep us young.

Wow, what a difference a year makes. On this night, for the previous 5 years, I was concentrating on MY first day back to school (did I have everything ready, did I have everything that I needed for plenty of student work, etc. ). Today and tonight I have been totally concentrating on the kids (ironing Gray's shirt, getting Autumn new makeup, getting lunches ready, getting stuff to make a chocolate cake...) I promised Gray I would make him a chocolate cake while he was at school tomorrow. Poor fella, he has been waiting on that cake since June. I also got some elastic measured to sew Autumn a "retro" dress. Poor girlie, she has been waiting on that since about last Christmas.

So, my plans for tomorrow are to take first day pictures (my tradition every year), walk Gray to school, clean the house like a mad woman, make a chocolate cake, sew a skirt, visit my mother, and have dinner prepared before 3:00. I think I can, I think I can, ....

No comments: